- Automatically creates and synchronizes a web page with a LabVIEW VI Front panel
- Does not require client-side run-time engine or browser plug-ins - enabling remote LabVIEW access from almost any modern mobile or desktop browser
- Operates over the Web or entirely within a customer LAN
- Supports a wide range of Front Panel elements, including Pictures and MultiColumn ListBoxes
- Optional LDAP user authentication support available, including OpenLDAP server
- Compatible with NI cRIO-903x platforms
How it Works
As shown in the video at right and the Videos and Screenshots page, the combination of VI front panel rendering in the browser and constant synchronization of the front panel and browser enables the functionality of the LabVIEW VI to be extended to the browser.
Behind the scenes, LabSocket employs the HTML5 WebSocket standard for continuous, bi-directional communication with the browser. This new standard is the basis for the name of the system: "LabSocket" = LabVIEW + WebSocket!
More information about the system operation can be found in the Technical Details section.